How to Claim your American Heart Association (AHA) eCard
As a reminder, only you can claim your eCard; it cannot be claimed by someone on your behalf.
Claim your eCard via Email
- You will receive an email from eCards@heart.org with a link inviting you to claim your eCard online. Please make sure to check your spam or junk folder. This link will direct you to the Student Profile webpage; please confirm that all information on that page (First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone Number (if entered for claiming by SMS), eCard Code, AHA Instructor Name, and Training Center information) is correct. If it is not, contact your Training Center.
- Set up your security question and answer. Accept the terms of the site and click “Submit.”
- Complete the survey on the course you just completed. Your answers to these questions will help improve the quality of future AHA training.
- After you complete the survey, your eCard will display. You can save or print your eCard.
- Once your eCard has been claimed, you will receive an email notification; please save this confirmation email for your records.
- Claiming your eCard is the only way you can show proof of course completion to your employer. If you need to email your eCard, please see step 5 under “How to View your Claimed eCard”.
Please note that if you do not claim your eCard, you will not be able to show proof of course completion to your employer. If your employer requires proof of completion, you can email them a copy from the eCard landing page.
How to View your Claimed eCard
- Visit the eCards Search page. On the “Student” tab, enter your First Name, Last Name, and Email (ensure this is the email address that was used to sign up for the course) OR enter your eCard Code at the bottom of the page. Click “Search.”
- Answer your security question.
- If all the information entered is correct, you will be brought to a page that shows “My eCards.” If your eCard cannot be found, contact your Training Center to verify your information.
- To download an eCard, select the size you would like (Full or Wallet) where it says, “View eCard.
- To email an eCard, select “Email Cards,” enter the email address, and click “Email.”
Your employer can verify your eCard at www.heart.org/cpr/mycards to confirm issuance by a valid Training Center and Instructor aligned with that Training Center. Employers are only able to verify your card if you have completed steps 1-6 in Claim your eCard via email.