24/7 Emergency Care & Ambulatory Services
Little Falls Hospital
Little Falls Hospital is Herkimer County's only provider of a 25-bed acute inpatient and emergency care, short-term inpatient rehabilitation, and many other diagnostic and therapeutic services.Call: (315) 823-1000 View practitioners at this location
Phone Number: (315) 823-1000
Emergency Department: (315) 823-1000 (Press #1 for ED)
Specialty Services: (315) 823-4506
Administration: (315) 823-5262
Risk Management / Patient Safety: (607) 322-0932
Patient Representative Service: (607) 547-3912
140 Burwell Street
Little Falls, NY 13365
Fax Number: (315) 823-5383
COVID-19 Visitor Response Plan
Please note that inpatient visitation restrictions are currently in place at all of our network hospital locations. This includes Bassett Medical Center in Cooperstown, A.O. Fox Hospital in Oneonta, A.O. Fox Hospital – Tri-Town Campus in Sidney, Cobleskill Regional Hospital, Little Falls Hospital, and O’Connor Hospital in Delhi. This does not apply to our long-term care facilities.
Inpatient visitation hours at our hospital locations will include:
- Daily: 8:00am – 8:00pm
See the below documents for more detailed information, including visitation guidance for specific settings at our hospital locations, for outpatient appointments, and for our long-term care facilities – as well as definitions for visitors and support persons:
- COVID-19 Visitor & Support Person Response Plan
- Tips for virtually connecting with loved ones using your personal device
Visit our COVID-19 vaccine page for more information about the vaccines, including how to schedule an appointment, booster shot, or third dose. Visit our COVID-19 information page for testing information and local support services
Little Falls Hospital provides:
- 24/7 Emergency Room
- Ambulatory (Same Day) Surgery
- Medical Imaging
- Lung Cancer Screening
- Laboratory Services
- Respiratory Care
- Heart Care
- General Surgery
- Gynecologic Surgery
- Ophthalmology Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Podiatry Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Dialysis Services
- Short-term Rehabilitation
- Nutrition Counseling
- Adult Day Health Care
- Infusion Therapy
- Inpatient Care
Little Falls Hospital is raising the standard of local health care with a 24-hour emergency department, staffed by board certified physicians, cutting-edge imaging services, orthopedic services and rehabilitation, and same day surgery.
Drug Collection Kiosk in Little Falls Hospital's Lobby
We're proud to offer drug collection kiosks at various locations throughout our network to help our community members clean out their medicine cabinets safely! Just bring your unneeded, unwanted, and/or expired medications to any of these kiosks for free, safe disposal — no questions asked.
At Little Falls Hospital, the drug collection kiosk can be found in the hospital lobby.
- This service is open to the public — you do not need to be a Bassett patient to participate.
- The program covers over-the-counter, prescription, and veterinary (pet) medications.
- Only pills and liquids can be deposited in the kiosks. Inhalers and sprays should be brought to one of the pharmacy locations to be collected at the pharmacy window.
- This program does not accept needles and other sharps. Patients should ask their primary care provider about properly disposing of sharps.
- Participants should only deposit medications prescribed to themselves, a dependent, or someone who is deceased.
- Medications do not need to be in their original containers.
- Thousands of Americans call poison control lines, get admitted to the hospital, or die each year due to home medication errors or accidental consumption. Eliminating unneeded medications can save lives — especially those of children, elderly people, and pets.
- Prescribed painkillers are often sought out by people struggling with addiction. Disposing of unneeded pain medications can help fight the opioid epidemic.
- Medications dumped in landfills or flushed down toilets contaminate soil, groundwater, rivers, and oceans. Returning drugs to hospitals and pharmacies to be properly disposed of protects wildlife and community water supplies.
Little Falls Hospital was founded in 1893 and is a voluntary, not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system that is a proud subsidiary of the Bassett Healthcare Network. Little Falls Hospital is the recipient of numerous national awards for the high quality care it provides to patients. Little Falls Hospital is dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to all who need our services.
Community Health Needs & Community Services Plan
Herkimer County Community Health Needs Assessment and Community Service Plan 2022-2024