24/7 Emergency Care & Ambulatory Services
A.O. Fox Hospital
This 67-bed hospital provides emergency services and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, including cardiology, cancer services, orthopedic surgery and rehab, spinal surgery, pulmonary medicine, imaging services, and a sleep disorders center.Call: (607) 432-2000 View practitioners at this location
Phone Number: (607) 432-2000
1 Norton Avenue
Oneonta, NY 13820
COVID-19 Visitor Response Plan
Inpatient visitation hours at our hospital locations will include:
- Daily: 8:00am – 8:00pm
See the below documents for more detailed information, including visitation guidance for specific settings at our hospital locations, for outpatient appointments, and for our long-term care facilities – as well as definitions for visitors and support persons:
- COVID-19 Visitor & Support Person Response Plan
- Tips for virtually connecting with loved ones using your personal device
Visit our COVID-19 vaccine page for more information about the vaccines, including how to schedule an appointment, booster shot, or third dose. Visit our COVID-19 information page for testing information and local support services
A.O. Fox Hospital in Oneonta provides:
- Emergency Department
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Ambulatory Surgery
- Pregnancy / Prenatal Care
- Imaging Services
- Orthopedic Surgery (including robotics)
- Laboratory & Pathology
- Spinal Surgery (including robotics)
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Inpatient Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
On the same campus, A.O. Fox Nursing Home, a 130-bed long-term care facility, stands connected to the hospital building. A.O Fox's outpatient facility at the FoxCare Center on Route 7 offers services in primary care/internal medicine, pediatrics, Fox's nationally renowned Gender Wellness Center, cancer care, laboratory and medical imaging, cardiology, women's health, dental and oral surgery, Oneonta Laser & Eye Services, orthopedics, and more.
Twenty-five miles southeast, in Sidney, A.O. Fox Hospital - Tri-Town Campus offers emergency services, plus laboratory, medical imaging, and several specialty services.
Drug Collection Kiosk in A.O. Fox Hospital's Lobby
We're proud to offer drug collection kiosks at various locations throughout our network to help our community members clean out their medicine cabinets safely! Just bring your unneeded, unwanted, and/or expired medications to any of these kiosks for free, safe disposal — no questions asked.
At A.O. Fox Hospital, the drug collection kiosk can be found in the hospital lobby.
- This service is open to the public — you do not need to be a Bassett patient to participate.
- The program covers over-the-counter, prescription, and veterinary (pet) medications.
- Only pills and liquids can be deposited in the kiosks. Inhalers and sprays should be brought to one of the pharmacy locations to be collected at the pharmacy window.
- This program does not accept needles and other sharps. Patients should ask their primary care provider about properly disposing of sharps.
- Participants should only deposit medications prescribed to themselves, a dependent, or someone who is deceased.
- Medications do not need to be in their original containers.
- Thousands of Americans call poison control lines, get admitted to the hospital, or die each year due to home medication errors or accidental consumption. Eliminating unneeded medications can save lives — especially those of children, elderly people, and pets.
- Prescribed painkillers are often sought out by people struggling with addiction. Disposing of unneeded pain medications can help fight the opioid epidemic.
- Medications dumped in landfills or flushed down toilets contaminate soil, groundwater, rivers, and oceans. Returning drugs to hospitals and pharmacies to be properly disposed of protects wildlife and community water supplies.