- Do you struggle to integrate students/residents into your clinical responsibilities while providing a quality educational experience?
- Are you comfortable giving feedback to students and/or residents?
The Office of Medical Education and Bassett Education Faculty are sponsoring a faculty development program to enhance teaching, feedback, and assessment skills. Physicians and other health care clinicians in academic practice teach medical students, residents, and colleagues, but often receive little training for the unique demands of this role. Enrollment is open to all clinicians.
Bassett's Faculty Development Group
- Edward Bischof, MD
- Andrew Griffiths, MD
- Susan Huffman, MD
- Erik Riesenfeld, MD
- Greg Rys, DNP/FNP-BC
- Henry Weil, MD
- Darah Wright, MD
- Joon Shim, MD
- Russell Moore, MD
Faculty Development Workshops
Supporting Learning through Effective Teaching Workshop (May 3, 2023 & November 8, 2023)
- Participants will appreciate the characteristics of learner-centered teaching.
- Participants will demonstrate their ability to assess learner’s educational baseline.
- Participants will be able to lead effective teaching exercises at the bedside in one-on-one and small group settings.
- Participants will demonstrate the One-minute Preceptor Model.
Supporting Learning through Feedback and Assessment Workshop (May 4, 2023 & November 9, 2023)
- Participants will identify and ease barriers to feedback.
- Participants will identify effective techniques for giving feedback.
- Participants will learn several techniques for giving quick, effective feedback.
- Participants will explain what assessment is.
- Participants will recognize the increasing demand for competency-based assessment.
- Participants will outline developmental assessment.
- Participants will write effective comments.
- Participants will integrate assessment in daily practice.
Please fill out the below registration form, choose the workshop(s) you would like to attend, and submit.