Bassett Healthcare Network offers comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders. Services include consultation with a board-certified sleep specialist and diagnostic testing for adults and children age 13 and older at one of our sleep centers.
The most common sleep disorders diagnosed in sleep labs are sleep apnea, narcolepsy, and periodic limb movement disorder:
- Sleep apnea is a potentially dangerous condition caused by an obstruction of the airway during sleep. People with sleep apnea awake repeatedly during the night, often snoring loudly or gasping for breath
- People with narcolepsy have trouble staying awake during the day, and may suddenly fall asleep
- People with periodic limb movement disorder have frequent, involuntary muscle spasms that prevent them from sleeping soundly
We also help diagnose sleep disorders such as insomnia and night terrors.
Sleep studies are conducted six nights per week by licensed respiratory therapists and registered technologists. Daytime testing is available when appropriate or when required to make a diagnosis. The sleep lab provides private rooms, with individual baths and televisions. A complimentary meal is provided. Physicians who are certified in sleep medicine interpret sleep studies, call patients with the results and oversee follow-up treatment.
Bassett’s Sleep Disorders program is fully accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Our sleep disorder centers accept most insurance plans and provides assistance with securing appropriate insurance authorizations. Some insurance plans may require a referral from a primary care practitioner.
Locations that Offer this Service:
- A.O. Fox Hospital, One Norton Avenue, Oneonta
- Cobleskill Regional Hospital, 178 Grandview Drive, Cobleskill
To Make an Appointment:
- For Oneonta: (607) 431-5331
- For Cobleskill: (518) 254-3231