24/7 Emergency Care & Ambulatory Services
Visitation is currently suspended.
As of February 25, 2021, three residents are currently positive and isolated in negative pressure areas. In addition, five staff members have also been furloughed due to positive tests or community exposure. The cumulative total of positive results is 80 residents and 36 staff members to date (since March 2020). Enhanced isolation procedures remain in place for all residents. Staff members who have tested positive are quarantined. Admissions to the facility are currently suspended.
A.O. Fox Nursing Home is committed to minimizing exposure and spread of COVID-19 through optimal infection control practices as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). All staff members are being tested twice weekly.
Residents are tested in accordance with New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) guidance. All staff are screened for temperature, travel activity, and other questions upon entry to the building and continue to follow NYSDOH and CDC guidelines for use of personal protective equipment.
The NYSDOH requires that the facility remain closed to in-person visitation for 14 days following any positive result. Compassionate care visits may still be requested by contacting Nursing Home Administration for consideration at 607-431-5980.
This webpage is routinely maintained to keep you informed. Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation while we continue to work to keep our residents safe and healthy.
Call (607) 431-5512 for the latest daily updates. Click here to view A.O. Fox Nursing Home's pandemic emergency plan. Click here to view Bassett Healthcare Network's ongoing safety measures and to learn more about visitation restrictions specific to our different areas of care.
Please visit our COVID-19 vaccine page for more information about the vaccine, including facts, local vaccination clinics, how to schedule an appointment if you're eligible, and more. Visit our COVID-19 information page to learn more about our response to the novel coronavirus, including our testing criteria, online screening tool, visitor response plan, and more.
Fox Nursing Home
When you or a family member are ready for nursing care, staff members at A.O. Fox Nursing Home are here to help with the transition, with friendly, compassionate care, acknowledging every resident as a unique person.
Our values are simple: we believe people of all ages need to belong, enjoy the companionship of others, have a purpose, be creative, preserve their privacy, express their emotions, and continue to grow. Because each person has different needs, we develop a unique plan of care for each resident. And our staff meets weekly to review every resident's needs; families and residents alike are welcome at these meetings.
In carrying out these plans of care, we use the full range of our services:
- Nursing care - available 24 hours a day
- Medical/dental care - our on-staff physician is available for residents, or they can continue to see their own practitioner
- Rehabilitation - residents can engage in physical, occupational, and speech therapy as needed
- Nutritional services - our chief clinical dietitian and registered diet technician ensure that residents' diets meet their needs and preferences
- Social services - our social worker serves as an advocate for residents and their families and helps residents enjoy a full life. In addition, families and sponsors automatically become members of our Family Council, an information and advocacy forum designed specifically for them
- Pastoral care - a chaplain regularly meets with residents to offer caring, counseling, and spiritual direction. Many denominations conduct services at the nursing home
- Activities - among the activities are movies, parties, exercise groups, bingo, Bible study, arts and crafts, cooking groups, evening entertainment, and community outings
- Hairdressing - a beautician is available every week
Visiting hours are 8:30am - 8:00pm every day; families are welcome to take residents on outings, hold celebrations of special occasions here, and bring their children (of course, children must be closely supervised). Our building is connected to A.O. Fox Hospital.