24/7 Emergency Care & Ambulatory Services
A.O. Fox Nursing Home
A.O. Fox Nursing Home offers 24-hour nursing care, rehabilitation, nutritional services, social services, and pastoral care to residents and patients undergoing rehabilitative care.Call: (607) 431-5980 View practitioners at this location
Phone Number: (607) 431-5980
A.O. Fox Nursing Home’s regular visiting hours are 9:30am — 5:00pm (EST). All residents are allowed unscheduled visits in private areas with visitor proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test as well as screening for exposure and symptoms. Hand hygiene, physical distancing, and wearing a non-cloth mask covering your mouth and nose are all required during visits.
Please note: Non-cloth masks and antigen test kits are available to visitors without charge.
For up-to-date information, call (607) 441-4949.
1 Norton Ave
Oneonta, NY 13820
COVID-19 Update (March 20, 2023)
Currently, no residents or staff members are positive for COVID-19. Visitors with any respiratory symptoms should postpone their visit until symptoms are resolved. Those who have tested positive for COVID-19 are excluded from visiting for 10 days from the date of diagnosis or initial symptoms.
A.O. Fox Nursing Home remains committed to minimizing exposure and spread of COVID-19 through optimal infection control practices as defined by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH).
This webpage is maintained regularly to keep you informed. Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation while we continue to work to keep residents and staff safe and healthy.
You may also call (607) 441-4949 for the latest updates. Click here to view A.O. Fox Nursing Home's pandemic emergency plan.
As of 3/20/2023, A.O. Fox Nursing Home will no longer require visitors to provide proof of testing prior to visiting. All visitors will still be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (including temperature checks), and visitors must be masked.
Please visit our COVID-19 vaccine page for more information about the vaccine, including how to schedule a pediatric vaccine appointment, booster shot, or third dose. Visit our COVID-19 information page to learn more about our response to COVID-19, including our visitor response plan, local support services, and more.
Fox Nursing Home
When you or a family member are ready for nursing care, staff members at A.O. Fox Nursing Home are here to help with the transition, with friendly, compassionate care, acknowledging every resident as a unique person.
Our values are simple: we believe people of all ages need to belong, enjoy the companionship of others, have a purpose, be creative, preserve their privacy, express their emotions, and continue to grow. Because each person has different needs, we develop a unique plan of care for each resident. And our staff meets weekly to review every resident's needs; families and residents alike are welcome at these meetings.
In carrying out these plans of care, we use the full range of our services:
- Nursing care — available 24 hours a day
- Medical / dental care — our on-staff physician is available for residents, or they can continue to see their own practitioner
- Rehabilitation — residents can engage in physical, occupational, and speech therapy as needed
- Nutritional services — our chief clinical dietitian and registered diet technician ensure that residents' diets meet their needs and preferences
- Social services — our social worker serves as an advocate for residents and their families and helps residents enjoy a full life. In addition, families and sponsors automatically become members of our Family Council, an information and advocacy forum designed specifically for them
- Pastoral care — a chaplain regularly meets with residents to offer caring, counseling, and spiritual direction. Many denominations conduct services at the nursing home
- Activities — among the activities are movies, parties, exercise groups, bingo, Bible study, arts and crafts, cooking groups, evening entertainment, and community outings
- Hairdressing — a beautician is available every week
A.O. Fox Nursing Home’s regular visiting hours are 9:30am — 5:00pm (EST); families are welcome to take residents on outings, hold celebrations of special occasions here, and bring their children (of course, children must be closely supervised). Our building is connected to A.O. Fox Hospital.
If you’d like to visit outside of these hours, please contact us at (607) 431-5980 so that we can arrange for a COVID-19 screener to meet you at our entrance.
New York State (NYS) Required Information
Nursing homes in NYS are now required to post the following information to their websites. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding this information.
A.O. Fox Nursing Home Residency Rates
A.O. Fox Nursing Home is a fully owned and operated entity of A.O. Fox Memorial Hospital, a Bassett Healthcare Network affiliate. Current residency rates are $400 / day for a private skilled nursing room, and $350 / day for a semi-private room.
A.O. Fox Nursing Home Contracts
A.O. Fox Nursing Home contracts with various companies for services to support the residents and patients for whom we care. Key contracts include:
- Compass Group: Facilities, food service, and environmental service management
- Medline: Medical supplies
- Omnicare Pharmacy: Medications and pharmacy-related services
- Zimmet Healthcare Services Group: Clinical reimbursement and quality auditing
- Hummel’s: Office supplies
- KPMG: Financial auditing
- Helios Care: Hospice services
- Airgas: Medical gases
- Sigmacare / Matrixcare: Electronic medical record
A.O. Fox Nursing Home Medicare.gov Star Ratings
The New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) and U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) oversee nursing homes. You can access information about any nursing home using NYSDOH's NYS Health Profiles and CMS' Nursing Home Compare websites. A 5-Star rating system is employed with a look at various measures. A.O. Fox Nursing Home currently enjoys a 3-star overall score from both NYS Health Profiles and Medicare.
The average overall rating of the eight other nursing homes within a 25-mile radius of Oneonta is 1.75.