24/7 Emergency Care & Ambulatory Services
COVID-19 Visitor Response Plan
For the health and safety of our residents and employees, all resident visitation has been suspended until further notice across Bassett Healthcare Network long-term care facilities. Bassett Healthcare Network is committed to providing a safe and comfortable care environment for residents, their families, and our staff. Our care specialists are working collaboratively with public health agencies and closely monitoring coronavirus (COVID-19) developments.
Please Note: There have been changes made to our visitor response plan.
Click here to view Bassett Healthcare Network's ongoing safety measures and to learn more about visitation restrictions specific to our different areas of care.
Please visit www.bassett.org/covid-19 for more resources, including our COVID-19 online screening tool and central phone line, and to learn how you can help prevent the spread of respiratory illness.
For the latest information about A.O. Fox Nursing Home’s visitation policy and alternative communication channels that can be used to speak with residents, please call our pre-recorded 24/7 COVID-19 update line: (607) 441-4949
Fox Nursing Home
When you or a family member are ready for nursing care, staff members at A.O. Fox Nursing Home are here to help with the transition, with friendly, compassionate care, acknowledging every resident as a unique person.
Our values are simple: we believe people of all ages need to belong, enjoy the companionship of others, have a purpose, be creative, preserve their privacy, express their emotions, and continue to grow. Because each person has different needs, we develop a unique plan of care for each resident. And our staff meets weekly to review every resident's needs; families and residents alike are welcome at these meetings.
In carrying out these plans of care, we use the full range of our services:
- Nursing care - available 24 hours a day
- Medical/dental care - our on-staff physician is available for residents, or they can continue to see their own practitioner
- Rehabilitation - residents can engage in physical, occupational, and speech therapy as needed
- Nutritional services - our chief clinical dietitian and registered diet technician ensure that residents' diets meet their needs and preferences
- Social services - our social worker serves as an advocate for residents and their families and helps residents enjoy a full life. In addition, families and sponsors automatically become members of our Family Council, an information and advocacy forum designed specifically for them
- Pastoral care - a chaplain regularly meets with residents to offer caring, counseling, and spiritual direction. Many denominations conduct services at the nursing home
- Activities - among the activities are movies, parties, exercise groups, bingo, Bible study, arts and crafts, cooking groups, evening entertainment, and community outings
- Hairdressing - a beautician is available every week
Visiting hours are 8:30am - 8:00pm every day; families are welcome to take residents on outings, hold celebrations of special occasions here, and bring their children (of course, children must be closely supervised). Our building is connected to A.O. Fox Hospital.