24/7 Emergency Care & Ambulatory Services
Phone Number: (607) 431-5980
Visitation is currently by appointment only. Please call 607-431-5512 to schedule a visit. Compassionate care visits are being approved on a case-by-case basis by calling 607-431-5530.
1 Norton Ave
Oneonta, NY 13820
As of October 4, 2021, no residents are currently positive for COVID-19. One staff member is furloughed due to COVID-19. The cumulative total of positive results is 89 residents and 52 staff members to date (since March 2020).
A.O. Fox Nursing Home remains committed to minimizing exposure and spread of COVID-19 through optimal infection control practices as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Unvaccinated staff members continue to be tested twice weekly. Residents are tested in accordance with New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) guidance. All staff and visitors are screened for temperature, travel activity, and other questions upon entry to the building and continue to follow NYSDOH and CDC guidelines for use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
In-person visitation is currently by appointment only. Please call 607-431-5512 to schedule a visit.
Compassionate care visits are being scheduled through A.O. Fox Nursing Home's Department of Social Work. Please call 607-431-5530 to schedule an approved compassionate care visit.
This webpage is routinely maintained to keep you informed. Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation while we continue to work to keep our residents safe and healthy.
Call (607) 431-5512 for the latest daily updates. Click here to view A.O. Fox Nursing Home's pandemic emergency plan. Click here to view Bassett Healthcare Network's ongoing safety measures and to learn more about visitation restrictions specific to our different areas of care.
Please visit our COVID-19 vaccine page for more information about the vaccine, including facts, local vaccination clinics, how to schedule an appointment if you're eligible, and more. Visit our COVID-19 information page to learn more about our response to the novel coronavirus, including our testing criteria, visitor response plan, and more.
Fox Nursing Home
When you or a family member are ready for nursing care, staff members at A.O. Fox Nursing Home are here to help with the transition, with friendly, compassionate care, acknowledging every resident as a unique person.
Our values are simple: we believe people of all ages need to belong, enjoy the companionship of others, have a purpose, be creative, preserve their privacy, express their emotions, and continue to grow. Because each person has different needs, we develop a unique plan of care for each resident. And our staff meets weekly to review every resident's needs; families and residents alike are welcome at these meetings.
In carrying out these plans of care, we use the full range of our services:
- Nursing care - available 24 hours a day
- Medical/dental care - our on-staff physician is available for residents, or they can continue to see their own practitioner
- Rehabilitation - residents can engage in physical, occupational, and speech therapy as needed
- Nutritional services - our chief clinical dietitian and registered diet technician ensure that residents' diets meet their needs and preferences
- Social services - our social worker serves as an advocate for residents and their families and helps residents enjoy a full life. In addition, families and sponsors automatically become members of our Family Council, an information and advocacy forum designed specifically for them
- Pastoral care - a chaplain regularly meets with residents to offer caring, counseling, and spiritual direction. Many denominations conduct services at the nursing home
- Activities - among the activities are movies, parties, exercise groups, bingo, Bible study, arts and crafts, cooking groups, evening entertainment, and community outings
- Hairdressing - a beautician is available every week
Visiting hours are 8:30am - 8:00pm every day; families are welcome to take residents on outings, hold celebrations of special occasions here, and bring their children (of course, children must be closely supervised). Our building is connected to A.O. Fox Hospital.