The purpose of cardiac rehabilitation is to help people with a history of heart problems get healthier and build their strength so that heart-related symptoms don’t return.
During your heart recovery, you will work with a team of medical professionals, including cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, your primary care practitioner, physical and occupational therapists, dieticians, and mental health professionals.
Eligibility for Cardiac Rehab
You may be eligible for cardiac rehabilitation services if you have had one of the following diagnoses or procedures in the last year:
- Heart failure
- Heart attack
- Coronary artery angioplasty or stent placement
- Open heart surgery, such as coronary artery bypass or heart valve surgery, or heart transplantation
Your primary care practitioner may also recommend you for cardiac rehab in order to manage an existing heart condition, improve your heart health, or guard against future heart disease.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Services
If you have a history of heart disease, cardiac rehab is an important part of your heart care. When you enter our cardiac rehab program, you may receive the following:
- Medical evaluation to determine your needs, set goals, and create your individualized program
- Dietary coaching so you can begin eating healthier
- Exercise program to boost your aerobic fitness and stamina, in group sessions or one-on-one, with heart rate and blood pressure monitoring
- Stress management education and assistance
- Counseling for depression, anger, or stress, so you can resume your normal, active life again
Our Cardiac Rehab Program
Our specially trained clinicians oversee all cardiac rehabilitation patients throughout our network.
Get a Referral for Cardiac Rehabilitation
When you enter cardiac rehab, you will be encouraged to actively participate in your heart health through medically supervised cardiac rehab exercises, healthy eating, and stress management. Ask your primary care practitioner for a referral.
Bassett Healthcare Network offers outpatient cardiac rehab in central New York, at Cardiac Rehab at FoxCare in Oneonta, and at Valley Health Services in Herkimer.