Obstetrics & Gynecology
At Bassett Healthcare Network, our obstetricians and gynecologists provide care for the range of women’s health experiences, such as childbirth and menopause, and treat conditions that are more common in women than in men, such as breast cancer, postmenopausal osteoporosis, pelvic floor disorders, and urinary tract infections (UTIs).
The experienced gynecologists and other professionals at Bassett Healthcare Network provide counseling, education, and treatment for a full range of women’s health conditions, including:
- Pregnancy and prenatal care
- Breast health
- Family planning
- Well woman visits
- General gynecology
- Uterine fibroid removal
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Fecal incontinence
- Menstrual irregularities
- Female urinary incontinence
- Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
- Infertility and reproductive endocrinology
- Ovarian cysts
Women’s Health Conditions
It’s often impossible to trace the origins of a woman’s health condition. We don’t know why some women get uterine fibroids and others do not, for instance. Some illnesses, such as breast cancer, may exhibit no symptoms at all, and might be discovered for the first time during a regular mammography screening.
The symptoms and causes of women’s health issues vary tremendously. It’s important for every woman to be aware of how she feels in her healthiest state, receive the health screenings her physician or practitioner recommends, and be proactive in contacting her primary care practitioner or gynecologist when something doesn’t feel right.
Women’s Health Centers
Bassett Healthcare Network’s women’s health centers offer the following testing and treatment options for women:
- Annual well woman visits, which can also be completed by your primary care practitioner
- Cardiovascular care, including management of heart-related concerns, such as high blood pressure
- Pregnancy and maternity care
- Gynecology services
- Urogynecology services
- Imaging services, including bone density scans, mammograms, and breast MRI
- Cancer care, including treatment for breast cancer and gynecologic cancers
Talk to Your Primary Care Practitioner
Women can experience many unique health conditions and symptoms. To receive any women’s health services at Bassett Healthcare Network, call 1-800-BASSETT or contact your gynecologist, OB-GYN, or primary care practitioner for a referral.
Bassett Healthcare Network provides women’s health services in Central New York, including Herkimer, Oneonta, Cooperstown, Hamilton, and other locations.