Spiritual Care Services
Bassett Healthcare Network’s spiritual care services (also known as pastoral care services) support the work of health care practitioners and staff by adding experiences of compassion, unconditional concern, and a spiritual presence to patients and families. We recognize that patients and families are often stressed and anxious. We are committed to providing pastoral counseling and meeting the spiritual and emotional needs of our community.
It is appropriate to call spiritual care if you or a family member:
- Request to speak with the hospital chaplain or other clergy
- Request a religious rite or service, Bible, rosary, or other devotional materials
- Express concern over death or the quality / meaning of life, or are emotionally distressed by the death of a loved one
- Express concern about ethical, health care, or religious decisions (DNR orders, withdrawal of support, advance directives, refusing treatment for religious reasons, etc.)
- Experience difficulty adjusting to illness, injury, or life changes
Spiritual care services are available during normal business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm by calling 607-547-3626 or pager 1306. For all routine and emergency after-hours spiritual care, please call 607-547-3456. A nurse may also facilitate contact during business and non-business hours.
Learn more about our Spiritual Care Services
Call 607-547-3626 during business hours, or call 607-547-3456 after hours to learn more about Bassett Healthcare Network’s spiritual care program.
Bassett Healthcare Network offers pastoral care services in Oneonta, Cooperstown, Cobleskill, Herkimer, Little Falls, and Delhi.