Living Well Diabetes Prevention
“I'm taking better care of myself. I've learned that I actually can do this.”
Call 607-547-3948 for more information or to talk with a member of our team.
The Living Well Diabetes Prevention Program is a year-long program for those who want support to delay or prevent Type 2 diabetes. Participants meet for one hour weekly for the first six months, and then taper to monthly sessions. You will learn new ways to support physical, mental and emotional health.
With this program you receive:
- A CDC-approved curriculum focused on implementing daily lifestyle changes
- The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active and manage stress
- A trained lifestyle coach to guide and encourage you
- Support from other participants with similar goals
- Knowledge on physical activity, nutrition and diet
- Tracking tools such as an activity log and action plan
Living Well Diabetes Prevention Workshop
Eligibility and registration is required.
To be eligible for a CDC-recognized lifestyle change program, you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be overweight (body mass index above 24, or 22 if you are Asian)
- Have NOT been diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- NOT be pregnant
In addition, you must meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Have had a recent blood test in the prediabetes range, which includes one of the following tests and results:
- Hemoglobin A1C: 5.7–6.4% or
- Fasting plasma glucose: 100–125 mg/dL or
- Two-hour plasma glucose (after a 75 gm glucose load): 140–199 mg/dL
- Have received a result of high risk for type 2 diabetes on the Prediabetes Risk Test.
- A doctor previously diagnosed you with gestational diabetes.