Living Well with Chronic Pain
Living Well with Chronic Pain is a FREE 7 week educational workshop series that will help you learn how to live a fuller life with chronic pain. This workshop will give those suffering with chronic pain tools to manage pain in a supportive environment.
Registration is required. There is no fee, just a commitment to 2 ½ hours once a week for 7 weeks. Caregivers welcome.
Self-management techniques include:
- Managing chronic pain symptoms
- Using your mind to manage pain symptoms
- Pacing: balance activity and rest
- Exercising safely (use the Moving Easy Program)
- The impact of healthy eating on chronic pain
- Identify ways to cope with difficult emotions
- Discuss ways to talk to doctors, family, and friends about your needs and type of pain
- Understand Medications for chronic pain
“I found the group setting to be very beneficial. I came into this having a pretty good grasp of pain management. Turns out I learned even more by benefiting from others' experiences.”
***ATTENTION: Living Well spring 2020 workshops are cancelled.***
To support your wellness goals we have three options for you to consider:
- The online version of the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program, known as Better Choices Better Health.
- A Chronic Disease Self-Management toolkit mailed to you.
- Reserve your seat for the fall in-person workshops.
Complete the form below, and check your preferred method of participation, and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.