Techniques to Manage Day-to-Day Cancer-Related Symptoms
Living Well With and After Cancer provides social and emotional support and ways to deal with symptoms of cancer and its treatment. Learn and practice techniques to manage fatigue, pain, sleeplessness, shortness of breath, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear, and frustration.
Self-management techniques will include:
- Fear of recurrence
- Changes in body image
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
- Healthy eating
- Making decisions about treatment and complementary therapies
- Working more effectively with health care providers
- Communicating with friends and family
- Dealing with negative emotions
- Action-planning, problem-solving, decision-making
How This Workshop Can Help You
Each 6-week workshop series will meet once a week. Review the workshop overview to see what topics are discussed each week.
“This workshop was just what I needed. After a new cancer diagnosis after just finishing treatments for my previous one, I was devastated to learn of yet another cancer diagnosis requiring more treatment with years of follow-up and wasn't sure how I was going to proceed. This workshop presented to me at just the right time and taught me the tools I need to move forward and live with a chronic condition.”
Living Well With & After Cancer Workshop Registration
There is no fee, just a commitment to participate throughout the six weeks.
- Zoom workshops: New to Zoom? Don’t worry, a brief introduction to Zoom will be hosted before the self-management workshop starts.
Donate to Living Well
Support our Work
To donate to the Living Well program and support our work, please click the below link, select "Other" as the designation, and type "Living Well" into the "other designation" box.