Weight-Loss Surgery Options
Weight-loss isn’t easy, and if you’re looking for weight-loss surgery options, you’ve probably tried every diet or supplement on the market. Obesity affects more than 93 million Americans and is a serious disease that makes losing weight more difficult. Weight-loss surgery may be the tool you need to improve your health, and your life.
We offer comprehensive, minimally invasive surgical options for weight-loss, and a team to support you before, during, and after surgery. Our bariatric surgeons are committed to helping you reach your weight-loss goals and improve your health.
What is Weight-Loss Surgery?
Weight-loss surgery is a term used to describe different types of bariatric procedures. At Bassett Healthcare Network we perform the following types of bariatric surgery:
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band (LAP-BAND®)
Qualifications for Weight-Loss Surgery
To have weight-loss surgery, you must meet the following qualifications:
- BMI for weight-loss surgery must be greater than or equal to 40. Use this free BMI Calculator to calculate your BMI
- BMI for weight-loss surgery must be greater than or equal to 35 with at least one obesity-related health condition, such as sleep apnea, diabetes, hypertension, depression, GERD, high cholesterol, or heart disease
- 18 years of age or older
- A documented history of unsuccessful dieting
- A commitment to make lifestyle changes for long-term success
Bariatric Surgery Program
Our surgeons have completed specialized training in minimally invasive weight-loss surgery, which means a faster recovery with less pain.
Because every patient is unique, our program offers a full range of surgical options, as well as support services to prepare you for surgery and help you keep the weight off after surgery. Our support services include:
- Diet advice and guidance with a registered dietitian
- Psychosocial support
- Exercise guidance
- Support groups
The bariatric surgery team has also received quality recognition for patient safety and better outcomes, including the Blue Distinction Center+ for Bariatric Surgery by Excellus BlueCross BlueShield, and accreditation by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP).
Get Started on Your Weight-Loss Journey
The first step in long-term weight-loss is to learn about our bariatric surgery options. We offer patient seminars online for your convenience and in-person at Bassett Medical Center. This seminar is required and free to you. If you questions before you attend a seminar, contact our bariatric surgery team at 1-800-BASSETT.
Bassett Healthcare Network delivers bariatric surgery in Central New York, including in Little Falls, Herkimer, Oneonta, Cobleskill, and Cooperstown.