Bassett Healthcare Network’s pastoral care services support the work of healthcare practitioners and staff by adding experiences of compassion, unconditional concern, and a spiritual presence to patients and families. We recognize that patients and families are often stressed and anxious. We are committed to providing pastoral counseling and meeting the spiritual and emotional needs of our community.
It is appropriate to call pastoral care if you or a family member:
- Request to speak with the hospital chaplain or other clergy
- Request a religious rite or service, Bible, rosary, or other devotional materials
- Express concern over death or the quality/meaning of life or are emotionally distressed by the death of a loved one
- Express concern about ethical, healthcare, or religious decisions (DNR orders, withdrawal of support, advance directives, refusing treatment for religious reasons, etc.)
- Experience difficulty adjusting to illness, injury, or life changes
Pastoral care services are available during normal business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm by calling 607-547-3626 or pager 1306. For all routine and emergency after hours pastoral care, please call 607-547-3456. A nurse may also facilitate contact during business and non-business hours.
A Chapel is located on the first floor of the Fieldstone Building, to the right of the main lobby. It is always open for prayer, meditation, and contemplation.
Learn more about our Pastoral Care Services
Bassett Healthcare Network offers pastoral care services in Cooperstown, NY.