Valley Health Services partners with educational institutions such as BOCES for CNA training and MVCC for LPN training. Additionally, we are working with Utica Science Academy Charter school and Herkimer County School districts to provide job shadow and internship experiences for their students in nursing, nurse practitioner and rehabilitation services.
The Community Relations & Fund Development staff are very involved with the local community and Friends of Bassett. From serving on committees with the Herkimer Chamber of Commerce to engaging with such organizations as Genesis Group of the Mohawk Valley, we create visibility of our services as well as support the great work of other area organizations.
Some of the areas where we are involved:
- Boscov’s Friends Helping Friends
- Genesis Group of the Mohawk Valley’s Health Care initiatives
- Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce
- BOCES – Herkimer/Oneida County School to Work and Regional Program of Excellence
- Herkimer County HealthNet
- "The Group" - a professional women's breakfast/networking group that meet once per month to showcase an organization member's establishment, news, and events.
Valley Health Services’ Community Relations & Fund Development department sponsors several fundraising events annually to benefit the Development Fund.
For more information regarding Valley Health Services' special event initiatives or fundraising opportunities, please contact: Director, Community Relations and Fund Development, 315.866.3330, ext. 2329.