About O'Connor Hospital
O’Connor Hospital has a proud tradition of serving the residents of Delhi and the surrounding area. This tradition dates back to 1921 when Mr. and Mrs. Henry Cannon, Sr. gave to the village the deed to their property on Franklin Street to be used as Delhi Hospital. The hospital operated at the Franklin Street site until 1958 at which time the new Delhi Hospital facility opened at the current site on Andes Road, with the dedication taking place on October 26, 1958.
In 1969 the name of the hospital was changed to the A. Lindsay and Olive B. O’Connor Hospital in recognition of the support of Judge A Lindsay O’Connor and his wife Olive. In 1988, O’Connor Hospital became part of Bassett Healthcare Network.
In 2000, O’Connor Hospital was one of the first in New York State to receive Federal designation as a Critical Access Hospital. This designation, reserved for the smallest rural hospitals has contributed to the financial success enjoyed by O’Connor over the past several years. O’Connor Hospital completed a major expansion and renovation in 2005, elevating the quality of the facility to equal the excellence of the care provided within. Today, O’Connor is a model for small rural facilities, offering a wide range of clinical services and access to more sophisticated medical and surgical specialties through the Bassett Healthcare system.