Cobleskill Regional Hospital Pricing
As our patient, you are very important to us. We understand that coming to the hospital for care can be an anxious time and that the bills associated with your care can be difficult to understand. We hope the information provided here will be helpful. If you ever have questions about hospital charges, please contact us.
Please understand that this information is meant to explain how hospital charges are determined and provide a general idea of prices for the most common inpatient, outpatient, and diagnostic procedures at Cobleskill Regional Hospital (CRH). The charges listed are average estimated prices for medical procedures and are subject to change.
The amount a patient is responsible for paying is determined by your insurance plan. Find a list of participating insurances here. We encourage you to contact your insurance carrier in order to fully understand your health care coverage, including deductibles and co-pays. For patients who have little or no health insurance, Bassett Healthcare Network offers a variety of services. Click here learn more about financial assistance. Bassett Healthcare Network also provides support to patients who need help determining their eligibility for Medicaid and other financial support services, including guidance on the insurance products available through the New York State Insurance Exchange.
Factors Influencing Hospital Charges
Cobleskill Regional Hospital conducts an annual survey to be sure our prices are comparable to those of other health care facilities in central and upstate New York. We benchmark ourselves against 14 other hospitals, including hospitals in Utica, Syracuse, Binghamton, and Albany. However, price comparisons between hospitals are difficult as there are a variety of factors that influence hospital charges.
Prices reflect not only the cost of a particular item or procedure, but all of the human and facility resources required to provide the care. Among the variables are the type of procedure you are undergoing, the cost of the technology used in your care, medical supplies, the wages and benefits of the staff providing your care, fixed cost associated with certain services provided on a 24/7 basis, and your health insurance coverage.
Price is only one consideration in making decisions about health care and does not equate with quality and outcomes. As you make health care decisions for yourself and loved ones, we encourage you to get to know CRH and Bassett Healthcare Network by reviewing the wealth of information about our health system on this website, speaking with others about their care experience, and speaking with the providers who may be involved in your care.
Good Faith Estimates
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your health care will cost
Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have certain types of health care coverage or who are not using certain types of health care coverage an estimate of their bill for health care items and services before those items or services are provided.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any health care items or services upon request or when scheduling such items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- If you schedule a health care item or service at least 3 business days in advance, make sure your health care provider or facility gives you a Good Faith Estimate inwriting within 1 business day after scheduling. If you schedule a health care item or service at least 10 business days in advance, make sure your health care provider or facility gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing within 3 business days after scheduling. You can also ask any health care provider or facility for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service. If you do, make sure the health care provider or facility gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing within 3 business days after you ask.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more for any provider or facility than your Good Faith Estimate from that provider or facility, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate and the bill.
Estimate Your Out-of-Pocket Costs
At Bassett Healthcare Network, we work hard to provide accurate and personal estimates of your out-of-pocket costs. And if you need help paying for care, we offer financial assistance and counseling. Click here to learn more.
Knowing what you're going to be responsible for paying out-of-pocket is essential to planning for your health care. Our online tool lets you create an estimate of your personal out-of-pocket costs for many common procedures and services.
The estimate is not a guarantee of the exact amount you will be responsible for paying. Many things affect your out-of-pocket costs, including what your insurance covers and what co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles you may owe. Your care will be based on your specific needs. If the services you need change during your treatment, your out-of-pockets costs may change too.
Get a Personalized Out-of-Pocket Estimate
We provide estimates of out-of-pocket costs in the following ways:
- If you are a patient, you can create estimates of out-of-pocket costs (for scheduled or not-yet scheduled visits) through your MyBassett account. This estimate will take into account your insurance coverage and any co-pays, co-insurance, or deductibles you may owe (care you have received or paid for very recently may not be factored into the estimate).
- If you are not yet a patient at Bassett Healthcare Network, you can create a “guest” estimate online.
- The accuracy of the estimate will depend on the accuracy of the information you enter.
Procedures & Prices
On this page are the average estimated prices for some of the most common medical procedures performed at CRH. These charges are subject to change. It is important to understand that the figures listed are not what a patient may pay for the services/procedures. The amount you will owe depends on your insurance plan; please contact your insurance company to find out what your financial obligation will be. Be aware that the hospital prices listed do not include physicians’ fees, such as the surgeon, anesthesiologist, and radiologist charges. Prices may also vary due to the medical complexity of a specific case.
If you have questions about the charges listed or do not see the procedure listed that you are interested in, please contact us.
Choose from below to download and view a full list of charges:
Frequently Asked Questions
The amount you owe depends on your insurance plan. Please contact your insurance company directly to determine what your financial obligation will be. You may be asked to provide a procedure code, which can be obtained from your physician's office. Click here for a list of participating insurances.
The amount you will be billed for may vary depending on such things as: additional testing, medications, services or procedures that may be required, or pre-existing conditions, such as smoking, diabetes, and obesity that may impact your medical needs. Physician Services are billed separate from hospital.
CRH reviews its charges annually, taking into consideration the following factors: The cost of providing staff, equipment, facilities, medications and other supplies. The amount of time our facilities and staff are needed to provide the necessary services. Information provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the federal agency that manages the Medicare and Medicaid program. Prices that other hospitals and health systems in the region list for the same service or procedure.
Co-pays and deductibles are determined by your insurance carrier. It’s important to understand that high deductibles and copayments are due to insurance benefit plan design, not hospital charges. Please contact your health insurance company to understand what charges you may be responsible for. Click here for a list of participating insurances.
If you would like more information including payment options or possible financial assistance, or have questions about a procedure or price that is not listed on our site, please contact us. You may also want to review information here about financial assistance options.
Cobleskill Regional Hospital participates with a number of insurance and managed care plans, but it is always advisable to verify CRH’s participation in your specific health plan through your insurance carrier. Click here for a list of participating insurances.