Innovative Treatment for Wounds that Won’t Heal
Every year, chronic wounds and other conditions keep millions of Americans from enjoying their best quality of life. The staff at Bassett Healthcare Network - Center for Wound Healing use scientifically advanced, proven therapies, like the most advanced dressings and hyperbaric oxygen therapy to help heal patients who suffer from chronic and non-healing wounds.
We treat diabetic wounds that are slow-to-heal or not healing, such as:
- Foot or leg ulcers or sores
- Surgical wounds that have opened (or “dehisced”)
- Skin grafts or surgical flaps that are not healing post-surgery
- Open wounds caused by radiation therapy
- Bone infection (called osteomyelitis)
We also care for Internal ‘injuries’ where no open wound exists, including:
- Select acute traumatic and crush injuries
- Radiation cystitis or proctitis
- Reconstruction of jaw or bone (related to mandibular osteoradionecrosis)
High Healing Rates & Reduced Healing Time
Our team of multi-disciplinary specialists will provide you with access to proven methods that can help you heal and get you back to living life the way you want. We use advanced dressings and therapies, used by wound care centers across the country, that have resulted in improved healing rates over shorter periods of time than conventional therapies.
Each wound center patient receives an individual treatment plan that focuses on a whole body approach that includes:
- Nutritional assessment and counseling
- Diabetic education
- Patient and caregiver counseling
- Referrals for special needs pressure relief including beds, seat cushions, and footwear
Our staff works with your doctor and insurance company to take care of the necessary arrangements.
Location: Hartwick Seminary Specialty Services
Call to learn more: 607-547-6900