Types of Cancer We Treat
The Bassett Cancer Institute provides care for patients with all types of cancer. Our cancer care team includes nationally accredited, board-certified oncologists and hematologists who specialize in treating the following types of cancer:
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Prostate cancer and other genitourinary cancers, including bladder and kidney cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancers, including colon, esophageal, stomach, pancreatic, and liver cancer
- Blood cancers, including leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma
- Skin cancers
- Head and neck cancers
- Brain cancer
Screenings & Treatments
Regular cancer screenings are crucial for early diagnosis. The earlier that cancer is diagnosed, the more treatable it is likely to be. If you believe that you are experiencing cancer symptoms, contact your primary care practitioner right away to request a screening – especially if you have a family history of cancer.
The cancer treatment options that we provide depend on the specific type and stage of cancer. As part of our commitment to our community’s health, the Bassett Cancer Institute provides the following screenings:
- Breast cancer screening, including mammograms
- Lung cancer screening
- Colon cancer screenings, including colonoscopy procedures
- Cervical cancer screenings, including pap smears and HPV testing
- PSA testing to screen for prostate cancer
- Skin exams to screen for skin cancer
- Genetic testing to assess cancer risk
After diagnosis, we work with our patients to develop a personalized treatment plan. Treatment options include:
What to do if you’ve been Diagnosed with Cancer
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a specific type of cancer, contact the cancer care team at 607-547-3336. We will help you understand your treatment options, and provide comprehensive guidance and support throughout the treatment process.
Bassett Healthcare Network provides screening, diagnosis, and treatment options for different types of cancer in Central New York, including Herkimer, Oneonta, Sidney, Cooperstown, and Cobleskill.