Bassett Healthcare Network Partnering with New York State to Staff Mass Vaccination Clinic at SUNY Oneonta
Bassett Healthcare Network will be assisting New York State by providing clinical staff at the newly established COVID-19 mass vaccination site at SUNY Oneonta, set to open on March 19. Governor Cuomo announced on March 17 that SUNY Oneonta, along with nine other new state-run vaccination clinics, will be operating seven days per week and administering hundreds of vaccine doses per day. Registration is now available on our COVID-19 vaccine page, New York State’s Am I Eligible page, or by calling 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829).
“Bassett is extremely proud to partner with New York State, SUNY Oneonta, and other key stakeholders in our communities to launch this tremendous operation,” says Dr. Tommy Ibrahim, President & CEO of Bassett Healthcare Network. “This is a critical step forward for our region in the fight against COVID-19. We are grateful for all the efforts of the Governor and our State officials who have made this possible."
Bassett Healthcare Network will deploy more than 30 clinical professionals to SUNY Oneonta per day, seven days a week, including physicians, advanced practice clinicians, pharmacists, nurses, pharmacy technicians, and data entry workers. New York State and the National Guard are supplementing daily staffing for administrative tasks like registration and patient navigation. Local county health departments will also support efforts with organization assistance and patient transportation.
“We’ve never seen a coordinated public health operation of this scale in the area Bassett serves,” says Kelly Rudd, PharmD, Bassett Healthcare Network’s director of Pharmacy Services. “The collaboration and support we’ve received is stunning. Employees across the network are lining up to be part of this incredible effort to prioritize the health of our family, friends, and neighbors.”
Who Is Eligible?
SUNY Oneonta’s vaccination site will accept appointments for residents of New York State who meet at least one of the following current eligibility guidelines outlined by New York State:
- People 50 and older
- People with qualifying health conditions
- Health care workers
- Residents and staff at long-term care facilities
- Residents and staff in congregate living settings
- Teachers and child care workers
- First responders and corrections workers (i.e. police, firefighters, and corrections officers)
- Public safety workers
- Public transit workers
- Grocery store workers
- Hotel workers
- Restaurant workers and restaurant delivery personnel
- For-hire vehicle drivers
How to Sign-up for the SUNY Oneonta Vaccination Clinic:
- To register for available appointments, please either visit our COVID-19 vaccine page, visit New York State’s Am I Eligible page, or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829).
- On the day of your scheduled vaccination appointment, before receiving your vaccine, complete the required online NYS COVID-19 vaccine form.
- Please note that proof of eligibility is required at all vaccination clinics and may include an employee ID card, medical records, a letter from an employer or affiliated organization, or a paycheck stub, depending on the specific priority status. If you are eligible due to age, you should bring a form of ID (like a driver's license or passport) that includes your date of birth.
Finding other Vaccine Distribution Sites
There are a number of New York State-operated vaccination locations across the region. Appointments are required. Bassett Healthcare Network continues to monitor federal and state guidance on COVID-19 vaccine supply and distribution. Look for up-to-date information on our vaccine page.