Become a Certified Nursing Assistant
at Valley Health Services
Want a career where you can make a difference?
Valley Health Services (VHS), Herkimer’s finest long-term care and rehabilitation facility, has immediate Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) job openings available. Take this opportunity to start or continue a career in caring!
For more information, please contact Danielle Comstock at firstname.lastname@example.org
FREE Certification & Job Placement! PAID Training!
The next FREE CNA certification course with PAID TRAINING begins on 3/27
No prior nursing experience necessary.
- Full- and part-time jobs with competitive pay
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation, sick, & personal days
- Retirement plan with employer match
- 100% tuition assistance
- Opportunities for career advancement
Click here to download the informational flyer.
Immediate CNA Job Openings Available!
Credentialed CNAs are also encouraged to apply.
Valley Health Services, 690 West German St, Herkimer, NY
Our next FREE Certification Course with PAID TRAINING Begins on 3/27.
This position is located at Valley Health Services, a 160-bed, long-term care and rehabilitation facility that has been a major health care provider and vital community asset of Herkimer, NY since its founding in 1984.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is to perform various resident care activities and services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of our residents. The CNA provides assigned residents with routine daily nursing care in accordance with our established nursing care procedures. As a member of the nursing team CNA’s actively support the philosophy and objectives of the establishment, and the Nursing Department, while performing their care.
- Must complete the state approved nursing assistant training program or a nursing program approved by the New York State Commissioner of Education or by the Licensing Authority of another state.
- Candidate must successfully complete the Nurse Aide competency examinations.
- Candidate must be listed as current on the NYS Nurse Aide Registry without any findings or convictions of resident abuse or mistreatment, neglect or misappropriation of resident property.
- A candidate's Nurse Aide Certification will be verified on the NYS Nurse Aide Registry.
- The candidate's name will also be checked on the Office of the Inspector General website for fraud or abuse.
- A copy of the verifications will be kept in the Nurse Aide's personnel file.
- The candidate will be fingerprinted per the NYS Department of Health regulations.
Our commitment to our employees includes benefit programs that are designed to meet the various needs across our employee population. This includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance,
- Paid time off, including vacations,
- Life insurance and disability protection,
- Employer matched retirement benefits, and more…
Throughout Bassett Healthcare Network, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through employee contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location and/or position.
To learn more about the position &/or to register for the 3/27 CNA certification course, please contact Danielle Comstock at email@example.com
Build your legacy where legacies are built.
Join the Valley Health Services team!