Join One of Our Current Research Studies!
Take a look at our open research studies to learn more and determine your eligibility:
Rural Dementia Caregiver Project
(in collaboration with University of California, San Francisco)
Research study that is evaluating an online workshop to help caregivers of people with memory loss reduce their stress and learn new skills.
If you enroll in the study you will receive either the online 6-week workshop, either now or in 12 months, depending on which group you are assigned to.
If you are assigned to the group that has to wait 12 months, you will receive a caregiver handbook and 2 support calls from study staff while you wait.
All caregivers will receive up to $80 in cash for completing 4 surveys
- 18 years or older
- Live in a rural area
- Provide care for a family member or friend with memory problems
- Able to access the Internet (no Zoom or video required to participate)
- You provide care at least 10 hours per week (by “care” we man help with dressing, meals, transportation, medications, appointments, or similar support)
Yoga Study for Cancer Survivors with Insomnia
(in collaboration with University of Rochester, Wilmot Cancer Institute)
If you have received cancer treatment and now have trouble sleeping, you are not alone. It is common for cancer patients to have sleep problems. But, there may be a solution. Researchers at UR Wilmot Cancer Institute partnered with Bassett Medical Center are conducting a study to see if yoga can improve insomnia in cancer survivors. By participating in this study, you may help yourself and other survivors find relief for their insomnia.
To be eligible for this study, you must have completed treatment for a confirmed cancer diagnosis within the last 2 months to 10 years.
Additional eligibility criteria include:
- You must be at least 18 years old and able to read and understand English.
- You cannot have a condition that would make it unsafe for you to do yoga.
- You cannot have practiced yoga within the last 3 months or be planning to do so.
- You cannot have a confirmed diagnosis of sleep apnea or restless leg syndrome.
- You must have access to internet and a smart phone / tablet / computer for attending virtual yoga sessions.
- Kristin Pullyblank, RN
Bassett Research Institute
Phone: (607) 547-6711