Center for Clinical Research (CCR)
Stimulation and support of research efforts by Bassett clinicians is a key component of the Research Institute mission. With the demands upon people delivering health care in the current environment, additional commitments to research can prove daunting.
The Research Institute’s Center for Clinical Research is designed to maximize investigator efficiency and support every step of the research process.
CCR Support Services
The research nurses on the CCR team have years of experience in study coordination and ACRP certification. The CCR provides support to investigators in the areas of:
- Research question formulation
- Protocol design
- Preparation of IRB documents
- Ongoing documentation with ClinicalTrials.gov
- Recruiting and consenting study subjects
- Documenting the study’s progress
- Specimen collection, processing, storage, & shipping
- Administration of study related questionnaires
- Data collection & entry
- Administration & management of study drug
- Follow up visits with subjects
- Performing initial screening to identify suitable subjects
- Scheduling meetings with biostatisticians on sample size & optimal study design
Some of the areas where projects have been supported include:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Obesity / Bariatric Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
- Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine
The Clinical Research group also assists clinicians who participate in NIH or industry-sponsored multicenter trials.
The CCR can assist with the planning and implementation of investigator initiated studies, both locally & externally funded, as well as multicenter studies. The links and guides below will help the investigator start navigating the research process at Bassett.
If you are interested in participating in a multicenter study, please review the links below to get started:
- Bassett Research Institute Checklist for Multi-Center Studies
- Start Up Worksheet for Multicenter Study
If you are interested in starting your own investigator initiated study, please review the links below to get started:
- Bassett Research Institute Checklist for Investigator-Initiated Studies
- Start up Worksheet for Investigator initiated studies