Obtaining Health Insurance
Do you need help getting health insurance?
Bassett Healthcare Network's New York State certified health insurance navigators are dedicated to assisting you with selecting the right health plan for you, including Qualified Health Plans, the Essential Plan, Medicaid, and Child Health Plus through the New York State of Health Official Health Plan Marketplace. This service is confidential, local, and at no cost to you.
The Essential Plan helps individuals and families who do not qualify for Medicaid or Child Health Plus. The plan is free or $20 per month premium, depending on a household's income level. There is no deductible but copays may be required at a small fee.
Any health insurance plan sold through New York State of Health needs to include coverage for medical services in the following 10 categories in accordance with the Affordable Care Act legislation:
- Ambulatory patient services, such as doctor's visits and outpatient services
- Emergency services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment
- Prescription medication
- Rehabilitative and facilitative services and devices
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services, including oral and vision care
There is no open enrollment period for the Essential Plan, Medicaid, or Child Health Plus. You can enroll at any time.
You may be eligible to enroll in a Qualified Health Plan outside of open enrollment if you experience a life-changing event and enroll within 60 days of the event. Examples include:
- Loss of health insurance
- Loss of job or change in occupation
- Change in income
- Change in the number of dependents in your family through birth, adoption, or death
- Divorce, legal separation, or annulment
- Death of the primary insurance holder in the family
How do I enroll?
If you would like more information or schedule an appointment with a navigator, please call 315-867-2480.
Completed referral forms can be faxed to:
Bassett Community Health Navigation
You do not need to indicate a recipient; all information is secure.