Speech Language Pathologist, SLP
While the world is cautioned to stay home in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, At Home Care’s mission to safely keep people there has never been more important. Without home care, our clients risk infection and hospitalization, at hospitals with already-strained resources.
With the protection of our clients and caregivers as our highest priority, we have mobilized a swift, efficient, and comprehensive response so that we can stay on the front lines, giving care — safely. If you’re the type of person who rises to the occasion and wants to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to meet you (virtually, even)! We can work through this crisis — together.
Full time, Part time, & Per Diem Opportunities
At Home Care, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Speech Language Pathologist, SLP, for an opportunity performing home health visits in our Central New York service area.
Prior home care experience as a Speech Language Pathologist, SLP is a plus, but not required. As a home care Speech Language Pathologist, SLP, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides rehabilitative care and skilled nursing to clients, affording them the opportunity to receive the medical care required to remain at home.
Speech Language Pathologist, SLP Responsibilities:
- Make home visits to clients in any of our service area counties (Chenango, Delaware, Herkimer, Otsego, and Schoharie).
- Perform thorough evaluations to assess, diagnose, and provide therapeutic interventions for clients who are experiencing speech, language, communication, or swallowing difficulties.
- Develop a treatment plan based on the evaluation, physician’s orders, and recommended goals.
- Continually assess and revise the speech therapy care plan and participate with our clinicians in the multidisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Speech Language Pathologist, SLP Qualifications:
- A current license as a Speech Language Pathologist in New York.
- Possess a certificate of clinical competence in speech from the American Speech and Hearing Association, or;
- Have the equivalent educational requirements, as indicated by school transcript or diploma, and work experience necessary for such a certificate, and be awaiting the opportunity to take the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association examination for certification, or;
- Have completed the necessary work and education requirements, as indicated by school transcript or diploma, and be in the process of accumulating the necessary supervised work experience required for certification.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
Our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, health, dental, and vision.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
At Home Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Apply for this position, or contact our HR department with questions / concerns
Apply online by completing our employment application. Any applicant requiring an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process should notify Human Resources by calling 800-783-0613 or emailing email@example.com.