Registered Nurse - On Call Runner (Stipend plus point rate)
While the world is cautioned to stay home in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, At Home Care’s mission to safely keep people there has never been more important. Without home care, our clients risk infection and hospitalization, at hospitals with already-strained resources.
With the protection of our clients and caregivers as our highest priority, we have mobilized a swift, efficient, and comprehensive response so that we can stay on the front lines, giving care — safely. If you’re the type of person who rises to the occasion and wants to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to meet you (virtually, even)! We can work through this crisis — together.
At Home Care is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for a position performing visits as an After-Hours Runner for our clients throughout our service area in Chenango, Delaware, Herkimer, Otsego, and Schoharie counties. This office will service our adult and geriatric clients on a per visit basis.
This is a great opportunity for nurses looking to work after 5:00pm during the week and/or weekend days and evenings. The position is 7 days on and then 7 days off from 5:00pm to 8:30am. The Runner will receive a stipend during their “on” week as well as be paid per visit if needed to do so.
Prior home care experience strongly preferred.
At AHC, we believe our employees are our greatest asset. We are committed to investing in people and nurturing their desire to grow.
- On-call runner duties: work 7 days on and then 7 days off (5:00pm to 8:30am) and see patients as needed during that time frame.
- Follow a designated care plan in accordance with patient's needs.
- Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Perform assigned duties, including administration of medication, wound care, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitor clients' conditions, reporting changes to Clinical or Client Services Manager.
- Follow up with, execute, and properly document doctors' orders.
- Perform client assessments as necessary.
- Case management and coordination.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to client care management and services provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
- A current license as a Registered Nurse in New York.
- A minimum of one year of recent, verifiable clinical (medical/surgical) experience.
- Prior home care experience strongly preferred, but not required.
- Graduation from an accredited and approved nursing program, as indicated by school transcript or diploma.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills: prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Ability to travel to cases as assigned.
At Home Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Apply for this position, or contact our HR department with questions / concerns
Apply online by completing our employment application. Any applicant requiring an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process should notify Human Resources by calling 800-783-0613 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.