Occupational Therapist - Per Diem
While the world is cautioned to stay home in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, At Home Care’s mission to safely keep people there has never been more important. Without home care, our clients risk infection and hospitalization, at hospitals with already-strained resources.
With the protection of our clients and caregivers as our highest priority, we have mobilized a swift, efficient, and comprehensive response so that we can stay on the front lines, giving care — safely. If you’re the type of person who rises to the occasion and wants to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to meet you (virtually, even)! We can work through this crisis — together.
At Home Care Incorporated has immediate an opening for a per diem OT, Occupational Therapist to perform home health visits for our clients in Schoharie and Delaware counties. This office services clients on a per visit basis in territories throughout Central New York area.
At Home Care Offers:
- Flexible scheduling
- Mileage reimbursement
- Direct deposit and bi-weekly pay
- Opportunities for career growth
Occupational Therapist, OT Responsibilities Include:
- Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Perform thorough evaluations of patients’ functional status, including muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, and ADL and IADL performance.
- Assess cognitive, psychological, and motor aspects of performance and develop individualized intervention plans to achieve favorable outcomes.
- Evaluate home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living.
- Identify equipment needs and environmental adaptations resulting in enhanced outcomes for clients.
- Continually assess and revise the occupational therapy care plan, and participate with nursing in the multidisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Occupational Therapist, OT Qualifications Include:
- A current New York Occupational Therapist license.
- Prior home care experience preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of two years of recent work experience as an Occupational Therapist.
- Graduation from an occupational therapy program accredited jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the AMA and the AOTA, as indicated by school transcript or diploma.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
At Home Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Apply for this position, or contact our HR department with questions / concerns
Apply online by completing our employment application. Any applicant requiring an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process should notify Human Resources by calling 800-783-0613 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.