A Medical Technologist (MT) performs clinical laboratory procedures, examinations and any other tests or procedures conducted by a clinical laboratory, including maintaining equipment and records, and performing quality assurance activities related to examination performance. A Medical Technologist provides prompt and accurate laboratory test results and/or prepares products for transfusion in support of patient care. The Medical Technologist correlates knowledge and understanding of theory to independently solve problems and answer questions, and may be assigned responsibility to direct, review, and /or verify work of other clinical laboratory personnel and/or students.
- Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, 12 hour shifts. Nights 7:00pm -7:00am
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry, or related field required. Although required, a bachelor’s degree may not be required if NYS SED has permitted the successful incumbent as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist under their grandfathering rules.
- Current valid licensure by NYS SED as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist required, or licensure-eligible with a limited permit or limited license as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist.
- Candidates must be qualified as a Medical Technologist in accordance with New York State Department of Health regulations.
- Experience in standard laboratory methodologies required.
- Previous Clinical Laboratory experience, preferred.
- Previous experience with a Laboratory Information System (LIS), preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, precision, and commitment to accuracy are essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to build rapport quickly, develop trust, sustain working relationships, and represent Cobleskill Regional Hospital positively in internal and external meetings is required.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills are required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to, Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Position requires extensive standing, occasional sitting and routine walking.
- Ability to push/pull up to 35lbs and lift objects of up to 25lbs is occasionally required.
- Position requires extensive close visual work, requiring visual acuity.
- Some laboratory tests performed are dependent on color determination. Ability to differentiate colors is required to perform these tests.
Do you want to be recognized for the difference you make?
Cobleskill Regional Hospital (CRH) has a team of nearly 300 dedicated and skilled professionals who do their best to make sure that our patients get the best of care. This is a place where our team makes a difference each and every day.
Cobleskill Regional Hospital is truly the best of both worlds for patients and staff alike: Bassett Healthcare Network is nationally recognized, and our affiliation contributes to our ability to remain a strong, local hospital.
Our community is also a great place to live and work - with good schools, affordable housing, and friendly neighbors. We offer all the best of small-town America, yet we are still within the Capital District. It's just a short trip to the malls - and it's a commute without traffic jams.