Community Engagement Specialist - Full time
The Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing the public presence of Cobleskill Regional Hospital in support of the Community Service Implementation Plan. This encompasses community education; service awareness and community based programming; liaison with Bassett Healthcare Network for system-wide community engagement and population health initiatives; public needs and opinion monitoring. The Community Engagement Specialist, in coordination with Schoharie County Publich Health and other agencies, helps to achieve the Community Service Implementation and is the sounding board for initiatives and collaborations resulting from this planning. The Community Engagement Specialist is committed to gaining maximum favorable image of the hospital as an indispensable community healthcare provider and health education resource. The Specialist is expected to work collaboratively with hospital, Bassett Healthcare Network, county agency and other partner leadership to establish and execute initiatives that benefit the community.
Key Benefits of this Position
Monday - Friday, days with occasional evening/weekend hours for events
BA/BS in Planning, Public Health, Education, Communications, or related field, required.
- A minimum of five (5) years in a nonprofit setting, preferably healthcare, with demonstrable results in community engagement and education, strategy, digital and other communications formats and content/creative development to targeted audiences/populations, required.
- Ability to work collaboratively is essential.
- Must have excellent writing and creative thinking skills, as well, as sound project management skills.
- Excellent public communication skills required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the web, social media and related technologies, required.
- Familiarity and expertise in modern social media platforms and their related management tools, required.
- Visible enthusiasm and positivity is a must.
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience, preferred.
- Experience with data analysis and reporting writing a plus.
- Position requires extensive computer and phone work.
- Position has occasional period of extended standing or walking, in addition to periods of extensive sitting.
- Position requires the ability to move throughout the hospital to meet with individuals or groups of employees.
- Ability to perform the following: kneeling, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, pushing, pulling and repetitive motion.
- Occasionally push, pull and lift objects/equipment weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Position will require occasional travel.
Do you want to be recognized for the difference you make?
Cobleskill Regional Hospital (CRH) has a team of nearly 300 dedicated and skilled professionals who do their best to make sure that our patients get the best of care. This is a place where our team makes a difference each and every day.
Cobleskill Regional Hospital is truly the best of both worlds for patients and staff alike: Bassett Healthcare Network is nationally recognized, and our affiliation contributes to our ability to remain a strong, local hospital.
Our community is also a great place to live and work - with good schools, affordable housing, and friendly neighbors. We offer all the best of small-town America, yet we are still within the Capital District. It's just a short trip to the malls - and it's a commute without traffic jams.