Bassett Healthcare's Department of Neurosurgery offers state-of-the-art care for patients with neurological disorders involving the brain, spine, and peripheral nerve. Neurosurgery services are available at The Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital in Cooperstown.
Highly trained surgeons work closely with other specialists to provide the most technologically advanced care to patients. The newest FDA approved devices are used, when indicated, to treat the following disorders:
- Degenerative disease of the neck and back
- Disc herniations
- Spine fractures from osteoporosis
- Brain tumors
- Traumatic head and spine injury
- State-of-the-art interbody fusions and disc replacement surgery
- Intracranial hemorrhage
- Spine tumors
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Seizure disorder
- Kyphoplasty to treat painful thoracic and lumbar compression fractures
Referral from a primary care physician or other specialist, along with the appropriate imaging studies, is necessary prior to scheduling an appointment.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call:
The Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital 607-547-3334 or 1-800-BASSETT (800-227-7388)