Cheryl loved to garden, but found it increasingly difficult given her health. Watch Cheryl discuss her decision to undertake weight loss surgery, and how it got her back to doing the things she loves to do.read more
Women's Health at FoxCare
Women's Health at FoxCare is committed to providing local women with a full scope of women's health services by a compassionate and experienced care team.
- Dr. Geraldine Jean
- Dr. Bryan Evanczyk
- Dr. Sudhir Potluri
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.to 5:00 p.m.
After business hours: 607-432-3711
Well Woman Visits
An important part of a woman's overall health is her once-a-year well woman visit. A well woman visit consists of a breast and pelvic exam and may or may not include a Pap test. We offer experienced care in a comfortable setting.
Current Pap test guidelines from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG):
- Testing should start at age 21
- Women age 21 to 29 should have a Pap test every 3 years
- Women age 30 to 65 should have a Pap test and a HPV test every 5 years (preferred) but it is acceptable to have a Pap test alone every 3 years
- Women may be eligible to stop having Pap tests after age 65 depending on their medical history, you can discuss with your provider
Childbirth Prep Classes
Many people are understandably anxious about childbirth. Fox's Childbirth Education Program helps relieve that anxiety by preparing parents-to-be for labor and delivery.
Staffed by trained childbirth education experts, these free classes are held once a month, on a Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the FoxCare Center in the Wellness Conference Room. During these classes you will be educated on:
- What happens to the body during labor
- How to exercise the muscles involved in childbirth
- What to do when labor starts
- Comfort measures to use during labor and birth
- How to control breathing
- How to recognize the stages of labor and make use of them
- How the coach can help and participate in the birth
- What to prepare for the hospital stay
- How to care for the baby
- Newborn nutrition
We recommend you sign up three months before the due date. For more information, please call 607-431-5730 or 607-431-5734.