About O'Connor Hospital

History

O’Connor Hospital has a proud tradition of serving the residents of Delhi and the surrounding area. This tradition dates back to 1921 when Mr. and Mrs. Henry Cannon, Sr. gave to the village the deed to their property on Franklin Street to be used as Delhi Hospital. The hospital operated at the Franklin Street site until 1958 at which time the new Delhi Hospital facility opened at the current site on Andes Road, with the dedication taking place on October 26, 1958.

In 1969 the name of the hospital was changed to the A. Lindsay and Olive B. O’Connor Hospital in recognition of the support of Judge A Lindsay O’Connor and his wife Olive. O’Connor Hospital continued to serve the needs of area residents as an independent hospital until 1988 when the hospital joined the Bassett Healthcare network becoming a division of Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital. This arrangement continued until January 1, 1998 when O’Connor Division of Bassett Healthcare became, once again, O’Connor Hospital.

While no longer a division of Bassett Healthcare, O’Connor Hospital maintains a strong affiliation with Bassett Healthcare through a portfolio of contractual arrangements. These contracts provide a wide array of clinical and administrative expertise, which greatly expand access to care for the local community and provide advanced automation and administrative expertise not usually available at a small rural hospital.

In 2000, O’Connor Hospital was one of the first in New York State to receive Federal designation as a Critical Access Hospital. This designation, reserved for the smallest rural hospitals has contributed to the financial success enjoyed by O’Connor over the past several years. O’Connor Hospital completed a major expansion and renovation in 2005, elevating the quality of the facility to equal the excellence of the care provided within. Today, O’Connor is a model for small rural facilities, offering a wide range of clinical services and access to more sophisticated medical and surgical specialties through the Bassett Healthcare system.

O'Connor Hospital Mission, Vision, and Values

Board of Trustees

Peter J. Hamilton, Chairman
Bruce McKeegan, Vice Chairman
Sue Andrews, Treasurer
Dennis Marsh
Connie Pellegrino, Secretary
Charlotte Hill 
Michael R. Stein
Michael Tengeres
James Peters, MD
Don Harris, PhD
Polly DellaCrosse
Lucile Frisbee (Trustee Emeritus)

  • MyHealthy Decisions | Total Ankle Replacement

    Jim Lambert loves to take long walks with his wife, but when pain from an old ankle injury made walking difficult, he started to look at surgical options. Jim's wife showed him an article in MyHealthy Decisions Magazine about the total ankle replacement surgeries that Bassett was doing, and he reread more

    MyHealthy Decisions | Robotic-Assisted Partial Knee Replacement

    James Flannery, of Oneonta, NY, was experiencing knee pain that was holding him back from work and doing the things he loves. After consultation with Dr. Michael Diaz, James opted for robotic-assisted partial knee replacement surgery using A.O. Fox Hospital's state-of-the-art NAVIO system. Watch read more

One Atwell Road Cooperstown, NY 13326

607-547-3456 : 1-800-BASSETT (227-7388)