- About Little Falls Hospital
- Our Services
- Patients & Visitors
- News & Events
- Contact Little Falls Hospital
25-Bed Inpatient Unit & Special Care Unit
Little Falls Hospital’s Swing Bed Program
Short-term Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
As scary as it can be to have your hospital stay for days or weeks, it can be even more scary to contemplate getting back to regular life. Fortunately, at Little Falls Hospital, we offer a range of services to help you gain back your independence and strength one step at a time. If you're here for any kind of major surgery, after the initial recovery period, our rehabilitation staff and social worker will provide you everything you need - whether it's physical therapy, meal planning, or even a new hairdo - to help you start to feel like yourself again. We call it our "swing bed" program; you'll call it a great way to get back on your feet.
Examples of Swing Bed Care:
• Comfort Care
• IV or nutritional therapy
• Pain management
• Recovery from major surgery, joint replacement, vascular or abdominal surgery.
• Repeated hospitalizations that result in a need for strengthening.
• Wounds that are not healing well or require special care
Amenities of Swing Bed Care Provided at Little Falls Hospital
• Access to diagnostic services if necessary
• Convenience near to loved ones and friends
• Free local calling
• Private Rooms Equipped with Flat Screen Televisions
• 24-hour care
Once transitioned to a swing bed, the patient will receive oversight from our qualified hospital staff while being encouraged to become more independent in their own care. The physician will visit one or two times weekly and be available for consultation.