- About Little Falls Hospital
- Our Services
- Patients & Visitors
- News & Events
- Contact Little Falls Hospital
Job Application (fillable PDF form)
Full time evening position
The purpose of the Case manager position is to support the physician and interdisciplinary team in facilitating patient care, with the underlying objective of enhancing the quality of clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction while managing the cost of care and providing timely and accurate information to payors. The role integrates and coordinates utilization management, care facilitation and discharge planning functions.
The Case Manager is accountable for a designated patient caseload and plans effectively in order to meet patient needs, manage the length of stay, and promote efficient utilization of resources. Specific functions within this role include:
- Facilitation of precertification and or payor authorization processes
- Facilitation of the collaborative management of patient care across the continuum, intervening as necessary to remove barriers to timely and efficient care delivery and reimbursement
- Application of process improvement methodologies in evaluating outcomes of care
- Support and coaching of clinical documentation efforts.
- Coordinating communication with physicians
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served.
- BSN preferred or willingness to complete bachelor’s degree within a specified time period.
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing required
- Five or more year’s strong clinical experience in clinical practice.
- Current and Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse (BSN preferred)
- Certification in Case Management preferred or willingness to obtain within 3 years.
- Strong analytical, data management and PC skills.
- Current working knowledge of discharge planning, utilization management, case management, performance improvement and managed care reimbursement.
- Understanding of pre-acute and post-acute venues of care and post-acute community resources.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and role components
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in interactions with physicians, payors, and patients and their families.
Per Diem, Day & Weekend Rotation
Physical Therapy Department
Job Summary: Responsible for evaluation, planning, directing and administering physical therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician. Administers treatments and physical agents as prescribed by a referring physician in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities. The staff therapist coordinates, delegates and supervises responsibilities assigned to supportive staff (RCNA, PTA, PTLA, etc.). The staff therapist participates in operational aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities. Provides input in formulating budget, assists in evaluating department performance versus budget controls and takes appropriate action to remain in budget guidelines. Ensures that patient changes are accurate and entered on a timely basis. Participates in all infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety and fire safety programs.
Current State Physical Therapy Licensure, graduate of an approved school of Physical Therapy or graduate of accredited college or university with a certificate in Physical Therapy.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certification preferred
- Current BLS certification
- Required completion of the NICHE GPCA modules within 1 year of date of hire.
- Previous experience in a health-related position or as a Nursing Assistant preferred
X-ray CT Imaging Technologist
Per-diem position to include variable weekends
Performs a variety of imaging procedures, including CT and x-ray procedures, and is responsible for patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with customers in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs.
- Bachelor of Science degree is preferred, but not required. One year of radiologic/imaging experience. Prefer specific experience and training in CT. A graduate of an accredited program in Radiologic Technology, either college affiliated or hospital trained. Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- New York State Licensure
- Current BCLS certification.
- Knowledge and understanding of general anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
Per diem positions day/evening/night shifts to include variable weekends
Safety attendants are utilized as part of the hospital’s effort to promote patient safety and reduce patient injuries. Safety Attendants are employees trained to provide direct observation, frequent re-orientation, verbal reminders and companionship to patients with identified risks to safety and to alert nursing personnel of patient needs. This program supplements nursing strategies for alternatives to the use of restraints, the prevention of patient injuries. High School Graduate or equivalent with a completion of a certified nursing assistant program. Current BLS certification is required.
Full or part time day position
Responsible for providing primary healthcare to patients and families, focusing on health maintenance, disease prevention, patient education and counseling. Will work under the direct supervision of a physician following established guidelines as required and within established scope of practice. Education: Current Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in Family Health licensure in the State of New York required. Masters degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner's Program with a National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner or certification eligible. Certification must be obtained within the first six (6) months of employment. Current BCLS, ACLS and PALS certification is required.