- About A.O. Fox Hospital
- Our Services
- Patients & Visitors
- Patient Support
- Careers at Fox
- Contact A.O. Fox Hospital
Welcome to the Pulmonary Services Department. As an integral part of A.O. Fox Hospital we provide a full compliment of therapeutic and diagnostic therapy and tests. We utilize state of the art equipment to ensure excellent, comprehensive care in a patient focused, and caring environment.
Our New York licensed therapists play an important part in your medical care. Through interaction, examination, and data collection, the therapists consult with the nurses and physicians to assist our physicians provide the optimal care and to help shorten your recovery time.
In accordance with hospital policy, we provide all therapy under the order of your physician(s).
Instruction and therapies are administered in the form of:
- Nebulizer Therapy
- Incentive Spirometry
- Oxygen Therapy
- CPAP/Non-invasive Ventilation
An important resource for your physician is the quick and accurate result of each test that has been requested. The Pulmonary Services Department minimizes "turn around time" by providing test results quickly and accurately to your physician. This is accomplished through the use of state of the art equipment:
- Masimo Technology for Pulse Oximetry Testing
- Siemens 248 and Siemens RapidLab 845 Arterial Blood Gas Analyzers allow crucial lab values to be reported to your physician within minutes.
- MedGraphics Pulmonary Function Analyzer and Body Plethsmography equipment is used to diagnose and monitor your lung function. This system includes tests which provide your healthcare provider with the most accurate information concerning your lungs and the response to your breathing medication.
Providing life support requires the use of proper equipment and the expertise to understand all aspects of your care. Staying on the "cutting edge", the Pulmonary Services Department at A.O. Fox Hospital combines the use of the Respironics Vision for non-invasive ventilation to prevent intubation and mechanical ventilation. When mechanical ventilation is required, we combine the use of the Respironics Esprit Ventilator and the Respironics NICO (Non Invasive Cardiac Output) monitor. The Esprit combined with NICO provides our therapists and physicians vital data to maximize your care and shorten the need for mechanical ventilation.
Pulmonary Services at A.O. Fox Memorial Hospital; State of the art technology, old fashion care!
A.O. Fox Hospital Services
- Breast Health
- Cancer Care at FoxCare
- Dentistry & Oral Surgery at Foxcare
- Diabetes Management at FoxCare
- Emergency Care
- Family Medicine
- For Seniors
- Health & Wellness
- Heart Care
- Internal Medicine at FoxCare
- Medical Imaging at FoxCare
- Oneonta Surgical Associates
- Orthopedics at Foxcare
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Women's Health