- About A.O. Fox Hospital
- Our Services
- Patients & Visitors
- Patient Support
- Careers at Fox
- Contact A.O. Fox Hospital
A.O. Fox Hospital is committed to providing local women with a full scope of women's health services by a compassionate and experienced care team.
Dr. Geraldine Jean, Dr. Bryan Evanczyk and Dr. Sudhir Potluri are pictured to the right.
Well Woman Visits
An important part of a woman's overall health is her once-a-year well woman visit. A well woman visit consists of a breast and pelvic exam and may or may not include a Pap test. We offer experienced care in a comfortable setting at FoxCare Women's Health in Oneonta and O'Connor Specialty Clinic in Delhi.
Current Pap test guidelines from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG):
- Testing should start at age 21
- Women age 21 to 29 should have a Pap test every 3 years
- Women age 30 to 65 should have a Pap test and a HPV test every 5 years (preferred) but it is acceptable to have a Pap test alone every 3 years
- Women may be eligible to stop having Pap tests after age 65 depending on their medical history, you can discuss with your provider
A.O. Fox recognizes that childbirth is one of life's most important and everlasting experiences. To help make your experience as comfortable as possible, we have put together a talented group of providers and nurses. From your initial office visit, to the birth of your child, we will be there with you every step of the way to make it a moment you will cherish for a lifetime.
A.O. Fox's maternity unit includes three comfortable labor and delivery suites that give you all the comforts of your own home. Each suite includes; a private bathroom and shower, a bed for support person, television service and WIFI. The goal of our providers and registered nurses, who have many years of OB experience, is to provide a healthy childbirth experience that will be a positive and lasting memory.
If you require a cesarean delivery, you will be transported directly to surgery and afterward returned to your room where you can introduce your newest addition to family and friends. For those patients wishing for an epidural/intrathecal during labor, we have anesthesiologists available 24/7 to provide this service.
To help you prepare and make your experience as comfortable as possible, A.O. Fox Hospital also provides the following services:
- Childbirth preparation classes (see link on left of page for further details) - prepares pregnant women and their families for a healthy and fulfilling childbearing experience through education. Class is held one Saturday per month from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. For more information or to register, contact Fox Hospital's maternity unit at 607-431-5730.
- Lactation counselor - for assistance with breast-feeding concerns or information for pregnant women who want to breast-feed call A.O.Fox Hospital nutrition at 607-431-5751.
We provide women's health services at the following locations:
- 1 FoxCare Drive, Suite #303, Oneonta, NY 13820
- O'Connor Specialty, 460 Andes Road, Delhi, NY 13753